How much is shipping?
Do you offer Pro-Pricing?
Yes! We offer special pricing for licensed guides, outfitters, and insdustry folks. Please Contact us for more information.
Do you offer any other colors?
Yes! There are three options:
1. Powdercoat comes in an endless variety of colors these days. You see samples by clicking here.
2. Using a top coat of automotive paint and clear coat over the powercoat base, we can color match to any vehicle. Just send us your vehicles paint code.
3. Last but not least, we are now offering professional vinyl wraps. Boxes can be wrapped with anything including trout patters, your own design/artwork, or even your business logos.
Contact us to start working on your custom rod box today!
Are there any other options?
Yes, every BSRB fly rod carrier is now available in the right side (passenger side) or the Southpaw ( drivers side) configurations. Double up on rod boxes for the most fly rod storage on the market. Also great for folks you already have a favorite ski rack or rocket box mounted on one side or the other. Please note the hinges are permanently mounted to the rod box, so the configuration can not be changed later.
Do your rod boxes lock?
Yes, every BSRB comes with two locking draw latches. And just like the rest of the boxes, the latches are all metal.
Do you make a box that holds spey and switch rods?
Please see our Accessories page. We are now offering special foam inserts to hold spey and switch rods in any BSRB.
What kind of rack do I need?
The Big Sky Rod Boxes can be mounted to almost any kind of roof rack. Please Contact us if you have any questions or concerns prior to purchasing. Here are our recommendations:
- Sturdy factory or aftermarket roof rack.
- Minimum spacing between cross bars of 3-3.5ft for Original and Sculpin models. Minimum of 3.5-4ft for Six Pack.
- The portion of the rod box that houses the reels drops down approx 3 inches from the main body, so you will need at least three inches of clearance at the rear of your vehicle. If you don't have enough clearance we do offer a spacer kit.
How hard is installation?
Installation instructions can be found by clicking here. It usually takes no more than 10-30 minutes with the correct tools. If you do not feel comfortable with installing it yourself, please contact the closest retailer on our Buy Local page and they will be happy to install it for you.
What makes your fly rod carriers better than the competition?
- All metal construction for long term durability and security. Just say no to plastic!
- All our boxes carry a minimum of 4-6 fly rods. Competition only holds max of 1-3.
- Our box will not damage your rods! Our unique foam inserts keep rods from rubbing on each other or the fly rod carrier. Just say no to tubes!
- Flexibility to hold a variety of fly rods from standards to speys, all in one box!
- We are 100% made in the USA - Montana.
The standard color is black. Should I be worried about it getting too hot and damaging my rods?
To alleviate this concern, we have done some fairly extensive testing of all our fly rod carriers. Here are a few things we learned:
- We have found that the temperature inside a rod box (in full sun) is never more than 10-15 degrees warmer than the outside air temperature. I.e. if it's 90 outside, the inside of the box may be as hot as 105.
- We have contacted many different fly rod manufacturers, and the companies that make the epoxies and the other raw materials. All have assured the raw materials can handle temperatures of at least 200-250 degrees.
- In the same conditions, we also tested the air temp inside a few different vehicles. Inside vehicle temps ranged from 15-30 degrees warmer than the outside temperature. Why is it more than the rod box? The car windows create greenhouse effect letting in UV light and making the inside of the car much warmer. Long story short, if you're comfortable keeping the rods in your vehicle on a hot day, you shouldn't be worried about them in the rod box.
- Still not convinced? Well, the proof is in the pudding, as they say. After all these years selling rod boxes, we have had zero reports from any customers claiming a BSRB damaged their rods in anyway, heat or otherwise.